Poseidon DAC: Tube DAC in the new series of components from Lampizator
Polish brand Lampizator , known for its original tube audio components, has introduced a new Poseidon DAC . When creating this new product, the Lampizator team was given the task of creating a completely new DAC, not based on any existing model, with half the budget of the top-end Horizon DAC: half for the case, half for the transformers, half for the electronics, half for the tubes . Accordingly, the recommended retail price of the Lampizator Poseidon DAC should have been half as low – 23 thousand euros .
The design criteria for the Lampizator Poseidon DAC included, among other things:
1. Keep the chassis size no larger than the Pacific or Horizon.
2. Use both single-ended and balanced topologies without having to choose one.
3. Provide the ability to adjust the volume, display the volume level and remote control of this level.
4. Provide single-ended and balanced analog inputs – just like a high-end preamplifier.
6. Solve output impedance problems typical of tube components.
7. Use popular lamp models in the circuit, which is important for the manufacturer in these difficult times, and for users in the future.
8. Provide the best sound quality among Lampizator DAC models below Horizon.
The Lampizator Poseidon DAC combines outstanding sound quality with rich functionality. It is specifically designed to work with modern amplifiers, including high-power transistor amplifiers. In addition, the Lampizator Poseidon DAC allows you to dispense with a separate preamplifier in the system, regardless of whether it costs 5, 15 or 50 thousand euros.
Key points of the external Lampizator Poseidon DAC:
— Proprietary digital-to-analog conversion process Engine Eleven-P, controlled by firmware – PCM up to 32 bit/760 kHz, DSD up to DSD512
— Completely tube circuit after conversion to analogue